Founded in the early 1950's by the late Frank Bentley, in Foley Street, Fenton,
Foley Motorcycles soon
outgrew the small premises and moved to its current location in King Street Fenton.
Mr Bentley retired in the 1960's and the business was sold to Mr Joe Furnival. Known as
Foley Joe, he ran the business through the British bike era until the Japanese took over as
the main motor cycle producer.
In 1975 Joe Martin bought Foley Motorcycles. Joe, a keen Motorcyclist and skilled engineer,
appreciated the need for a motorcycle shop to provide a good after sales service with
spares and workshop back up. Joe started the long process of modernising and refurbishing
Later the same year Kevin Rushton joined the work force part time at first building bikes
and later was employed full time helping to set up and sell the large range of YAMAHA and
MZ spares which the shop now carried in stock. In 1976 Joe was joined by his son Philip,
who worked mainly on the service and repair side of the business. In 1987 a large workshop
extension was completed to further demonstrate the importance placed on the service and
repair business, servicing all makes of bikes.
After 21 years as a partnership Joe Martin retired, leaving Phil to continue to build on
a business which has survived on traditional values of customer service.